Saturday 7 January 2012

The tea cup of life


So I was drinking tea in my old steel cup and on the top of it I saw a bubble. It was sticking on the inside wall of the cup and was slowly sliding down. I started to blow over it so that it could fly off from the cup like a soap bubble. I relinquished a long blow of wind and it made the bubble to move upwards but then, just as it reached the edge of the cup it had stopped. I blew again but it won’t move though half of it was outside in the air ready to fly. It was just holding on to the edge like a person holding on to the edge of a cliff. If it let go of the edge it would meet its end. Eventually my breath gave up and the bubble slid down like a family man who had just escaped his death. "But we don't know if he was going to die for sure, he could have been flying by now instead of sighing and celebrating the great escape" i said to myself "He could have set himself free but he chose to slide down".

After, when it came down, I blew on it again but this time towards the dry side of the cup. It slide a few micro meters smoothly but then it stopped like a race car driver suddenly pulls the hand brakes of his fast moving vehicle. The bubble won’t move because the moisture aiding it to slide was absorbed by the dry wall of the cup. So I blew harder and this time it was not only resisting moving up but also retreating against the mighty current of the wind. Just like the people who choose not to walk on the unknown path and follow their mundane routes. And they resist just like the bubble was resisting the blow and they will do anything in their power to hinder the force which encourage or tend them to pursue the seldom path for the unknown.


But I wanted it to fly, so I blew again, and this time with a furious power to chuck it out of the cup with a jolt. But this time it  had bursted instantaneously after a displaying a wispy struggle. And then, at that moment, it struck me that the life of a person is just like this bubble in this tea cup situation.

Isn’t this the philosophy of life?

No comments:

Post a Comment